The 70th anniversary of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program is now in full swing within the Sonoma Valley.
The toy drive campaign is being locally coordinated in conjunction with the Marine Corps League Detachment #686 in Santa Rosa. Marine veteran and Sonoma resident Bryan Aubin is the 2017 Toys For Tots Campaign chairman for the Sonoma Valley. His wife Shauna is the co-chair.
New toy donations are being accepted now through Dec. 16 at the following Sonoma Valley businesses who have volunteered as 2017 toy drive campaign distribution points:
• Alain Pinel Realtors, 552 Broadway in Sonoma.
• B.R. Cohn Winery, 15000 Sonoma Highway in Glen Ellen.
• Buena Vista Winery, 18000 Old Winery Road in Sonoma
• Moldovan Academy, 275 E. Spain St. Sonoma
• Off Broadway Cleaners, 19485 Sonoma Highway in Sonoma.
• Pacific Union International Real Estate, 135 W. Napa St., Suite 200 in Sonoma.
• Papa Murphy’s Take ‘N’ Bake Pizza, 678 W. Napa St. in Sonoma.
• Rabobank, 10 Maple St. in Sonoma.
• Robledo Family Winery, 21901 Bonness Road in Sonoma.
• Sebastiani Theatre, 476 First St. E. in Sonoma (Dec. 16 only)
• Seven Flags of Sonoma Mobile Home Park, 1400 W. Watmaugh Road in Sonoma.
• Sonoma Chevrolet, 687 W. Napa St. in Sonoma.
• Sonoma Fit, 193 Sonoma Highway in Sonoma.
• Sonoma Valley Tech, 19485 Sonoma Highway, Suite C in Sonoma.
• Staples, 977 W. Napa St. in Sonoma.
• Starbucks Coffee, 19239 Sonoma Highway, Sonoma.
• Synergy Dental Group, 660 Third St. W. in Sonoma.
• The Toy Shop, 201 W. Napa St., #1 in Sonoma.
• Valley of the Moon Trap Club, 27000 Burndale Road in Sonoma.
• Verizon Wireless Cell Depot, 294 W. Napa St. in Sonoma.
• Vintage Sonoma Senior Living, 91 Napa Road in Sonoma.
• Walt Wines, 380 First St. W. in Sonoma.
The toy drive will be culminated on Saturday, Dec. 16, at
1 p.m., when kids of all ages and their families are invited to attend a special matinee screening of the Disney•Pixar animated feature “Finding Dory.” The screening of this popular sequel to the 2003 classic “Finding Nemo” will take place at the Sebastiani Theatre. The admission price will be a new, unwrapped toy for the Toys for Tots toy drive in the Sonoma Valley. Marines in dress blues will collect the toys at the door. Santa Claus is scheduled to make a guest appearance following the movie. The event is co-sponsored by local Realtor Kathleen Leonard and Pacific Union International Real Estate; Dr. Kimberly Hubenette and Synergy Dental Group and Roger Rhoten and the Sebastiani Theatre.
Toy donations are needed this year more than ever due to the devastating economic affect the recent wildfires have had on many young families with kids this upcoming Christmas Season. The local toy drive seeks to help Sonoma families first. If there is a local family in need, the Aubins will make sure they get a toy. Those looking to suggest a local recipient should email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 933-8997.
Toys not distributed to families in the Sonoma Valley are taken to Santa Rosa where the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve distributes them to the needy.