Sonoma’s top-selling children’s and young adult book titles in 2016
1. “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” by J.K. Rowling
Much anticipated 8th installment in the original script form of the London play.
2. “Double Down (Diary of a Wimpy Kid)” by Jeff Kinney
Continuing the hugely popular graphic novel series for 8-12 year olds.
3. “Ghosts” by Raina Telgemeier
Graphic novel of two sisters who learn to celebrate Dia de los Muertos.
4. “Salt to the Sea” by Ruth Sepetys
Young adult concering the largest maritime disaster in WWII.
5. “Pax” by Sara Pennypacker
Middle reader fantasy/allegory of a boy whose father forces him to give up his pet fox.
6. “The Giver” by Lois Lowry
Boy discovers the dangerous truths of his community’s secret past.
7. “Christa’s Luck” by Jennifer Grais and Michael Norman Grais
Novel about teen’s love for an endangered herd of wild horses. Local authors.
8. “Where the Red Fern Grows” by Wilson Rawls
Novel about a boy who buys and trains two hunting dogs.
9. “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay” by J.K. Rowling
An introduction to the magical beasts that exist in the non-muggle world.
10. “The Pigman” by Paul Zindel
Two high school boys befriend a lonely old man.
List courtesy of Barbara Hall at Readers’ Books.