68°
Clear
SUN
 90°
 53°
MON
 86°
 54°
TUE
 84°
 54°
WED
 81°
 52°
THU
 82°
 51°

SonomaHitch & Barter helps vets

Editor, Index-Tribune:

Every year, the Sonoma Ladies Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars, Bear Flag Post 1943, receives Christmas wish lists from the Yountville Veterans home. Participating residents fill out their wish lists with small, humble items such as socks, slippers, toiletries, calendars and stamps. This year, however, the wish lists were filled with several additional items, such as pajamas, shirts, pants, sweaters and more.

As auxiliary president, I reached out to a local community group on Facebook called Sonoma Hitch & Barter, hoping to find assistance with some of the additional items. Sonoma Hitch & Barter is a group in which members can trade items without exchanging cash. What I wasn’t expecting was the outpour of members who quickly raised their hands to donate (rather than trade for) the requested items. About 85 percent of the wish lists were picked up by members of the community, and the auxiliary picked up the other 15 percent. The veterans and the auxiliary couldn’t be more thankful to this wonderful group of people.

As such, the Ladies Auxiliary would like to thank Paul L., Angela C., Wendy W., Stefania G., Martha D., Robyn J., Jennifer P., Lacey G., Linda K., Judy O., Donna W., Liberty B., Susan S., Tabitha P. and JoAnn B. for their selfless act of kindness.

“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop


comments powered by Disqus
© The Sonoma Index Tribune  |  Terms of Service |  Privacy Policy |  Jobs With Us |  RSS |  Advertising |  Sonoma Media Investments
Switch to our Mobile View