Monday, July 14, is the first day candidates can file nominating papers for the Nov. 4 general election.
There are eight governmental districts in Sonoma Valley that will be having elections this fall – if enough candidates file.
The filing period starts Monday and runs through Friday, Aug. 8, although if an incumbent fails to
file, the filing period is extended until Wednesday, Aug. 13.
The races that are scheduled to appear and the incumbents include:
• Santa Rosa Junior College, Sonoma area: Jeff Kunde.
• Sonoma Valley Unified School District: Sal Chavez, El Verano attendance area; Dan Gustafson, Flowery attendance area.
• Kenwood School: Susan Reiter, Cory O’Donnell and Frances Threewit.
• Sonoma City Council: Steve Barbose, Ken Brown and Tom Rouse.
• Kenwood Fire Protection District: Dennis McIntosh.
• Valley of the Moon Fire Protection District: Cameron Jarrett, Nicholas Greben and Brian Brady.
• Sonoma Valley Health Care District: Peter Hohorst and Kevin Carruth.
• Valley of the Moon Water District: Charles Heneveld, Jon Foreman and Meghan Stuart.
Candidates can obtain and file their nominating papers with the Sonoma County Registrar of Voters, 435 Fiscal Drive, Santa Rosa. The office is open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Candidates for the Sonoma City Council must obtain and file their nominating papers with City Clerk Gay Johann.
For details about the nominating process call 565-6800, or go to the Registrar of Voters Office in Santa Rosa.