Beginning May 15 and continuing through Sept. 18, Jack London State Historic Park will be open late on the third Thursday of the month for the Sundown Music Series.
Visitors to the park will enjoy free entertainment by local musicians in the park’s scenic setting as afternoon turns to dusk throughout spring, summer and early fall. On these Thursdays, for the series, the park will be open from 5 to 9 p.m. The barbecue grill will be going with food available for purchase or visitors are invited to bring picnics.
Glen Ellen Market creates a special, boxed picnic meal with proceeds going to support the Park. To order, go to jacklondonpark.com.
This is a free event except for parking, which is a special reduced fee of $5.
The musician line-up for the Sundown Music Series at Jack London State Historic Park includes:
• May 15 – Cynthia Carr and the Carrtunes: From 1940s gems to doo wop to the Grateful Dead, these Glen Ellen favorites do it all with style and three-part harmony.
• June 19- Jami Jamison Band: Jazzy, torchy, classy blues with the queen of fun.
• July 17 – Acoustic Soul: Wonderful original songs and well-chosen covers, A sweet Southern breeze.
• Aug. 21 – Hugh Shacklett and Possible Friends: Sonoma County’s folk icon, classic songwriter, weaver of tales.
• Sept. 18 – Tudo Bem: Brazilian, Tex-Mex, roadhouse funk.