A dozen wineries are participating in the annual Sonoma Valley Vintners & Growers Alliance Gingerbread Contest, where wineries create edible replicas of their wineries.
Participating wineries will base their gingerbread masterpiece on the theme – “In Sonoma Valley The Roots Run Deep with a Holiday Twist.” This friendly contest kicks off the “Holidays in Sonoma Valley,” a calendar of Sonoma Valley winery events including open houses, winemaker dinners, visits from Santa, toy drives and musical events. For the complete list of holiday events, visit the events calendar at sonomavalleywine.com.
Until Dec. 31, visitors can view the gingerbread creations, pick up a listing of the participating wineries and vote for their favorite gingerbread creation. As an added bonus, each time voters cast a ballot either at the wineries or online they’ll be entered into a raffle to win a case of fabulous Sonoma Valley wines.
With 12 participating wineries, holiday cheer will be spread throughout Sonoma Valley. Each winery’s gingerbread creation will highlight how their “Roots Run Deep.”
Participating wineries include:
• B.R. Cohn Winery, 15000 Sonoma Highway, Glen Ellen.
• Bryter Estates, 25 E. Napa St., Sonoma.
• Buena Vista Winery, 18000 Old Winery Road, Sonoma.
• Chateau St. Jean, 8555 Sonoma Highway, Kenwood.
• Deerfield Ranch Winery, 10200 Sonoma Highway, Kenwood.
• GlenLyon Vineyards and Winery and Two Amigos Wines, 25 E. Napa St., Suite D, Sonoma.
• Gloria Ferrer Caves and Vineyards, 23555 Carneros Highway, Sonoma.
• Gundlach-Bundschu Winery, 2000 Denmark St., Sonoma.
• Hamel Family Wines, 15401 Sonoma Highway, Sonoma.
• Highway 12 Vineyards and Winery, East Napa Street and First Street East, Sonoma.
• Larson Family Winery, 23355 Millerick Road, Sonoma.
• Mayo Family Winery, 13101 Arnold Drive, Glen Ellen.