The 66th anniversary campaign of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots program is now in full swing within Sonoma Valley.
The toy drive campaign is being locally coordinated and supported by the Wine Country Marines in conjunction with the Marine Corps League Detachment in Santa Rosa. Marine veteran and Sonoma resident Bryan Aubin is the 2013 Toys For Tots Campaign chairman for the Sonoma Valley. His wife, Shauna, is the co-chairman.
New toy donations are being accepted now through Dec. 13 at the following 27 Sonoma Valley businesses who have volunteered as official 2013 toy drive campaign distribution points:
• Alain Pinel Realtors, 552 Broadway in Sonoma;
• Baskin-Robins Ice Cream, 201 W. Napa St. in Sonoma;
• Buena Vista Winery, 18000 Old Winery Road in Sonoma;
• B.R. Cohn Winery, 15000 Sonoma Highway in Glen Ellen;
• Coldwell Banker DeAnza Realty, 800 Broadway in Sonoma;
• Edward Jones – Jeff Reilly, 19310 Sonoma Highway, Suite D in Sonoma;
• Green Universe Inc., 19618 Eighth St. E. in Sonoma;
• Moldovan Academy, Inc., 275 E. Spain St. directly behind Trinity Episcopal Church in Sonoma;
• Nelson & Associates, 19080 Lomita Ave. in Sonoma;
• Off Broadway Cleaners, 19485 Sonoma Highway in Sonoma;
• Pacific Union Real Estate/Christies Great Estates, 640 Broadway in Sonoma;
• Papa Murphy’s Take ’N’ Bake Pizza, 678 W. Napa St. in Sonoma;
• Perle Fashion Boutique, 124 W. Napa St. in Sonoma;
• Rite-Aid Pharmacy, 19205 Sonoma Highway in Sonoma;
• Robledo Family Winery, 21901 Bonness Road in Sonoma;
• Seven Flags of Sonoma Mobile Home Park, 1400 W. Watmaugh Road in Sonoma;
• Sonoma Chevrolet, 687 W. Napa St. in Sonoma;
• Exchange Bank, 435 West Napa Street in Sonoma;
• Sonoma Valley Tech, 19485 Sonoma Highway, Suite C in Sonoma;
• Starbucks Coffee in the Maxwell Village Shopping Center at 19239 Sonoma Highway, Sonoma;
• Synergy Dental Group – Dr. Kimberly Hubenette, 660 Third St. W. in Sonoma;
• Valley Hydroponics and Organics, 19230 Sonoma Highway in Sonoma;
• Valley of the Moon Trap Club, 27000 Burndale Road in Sonoma;
• Verizon Wireless Cell Depot, 294 W. Napa St. in Sonoma;
• Viansa Winery and Marketplace, 25200 Arnold Drive in Sonoma;
• Vintage Sonoma Senior Living, 91 Napa Road in Sonoma;
• Wine Country Party and Events, 22674 Broadway, Suite A in Sonoma.
On Saturday, Dec. 21, at 1 p.m. kids of all ages and their families are invited to attend a special matinee of the popular Disney•Pixar animated feature “The Incredibles” at the Sebastiani Theatre located on the Plaza. The only admission price will be a new, unwrapped toy for the Toys for Tots toy drive in the Sonoma Valley. Marines in dress blues will collect the toys at the door. Santa Claus is scheduled to make a guest appearance following the movie. The event is co-sponsored by local Alain Pinel Realtor, Kathleen Leonard; Dr. Kimberly Hubenette/Synergy Dental Group; Roger Rhoten and the Sebastiani Theatre; and the Wine County Marines.