Monday blaze destroys motor home
A blaze destroyed a motor home and a shed Monday evening at a farm in the 20600 block of Hyde Road.
Mike Mulas, assistant fire chief with the Schell-Vista Fire Department, said a faulty heater apparently caused the blaze that was reported at 7:15 p.m.
The blaze was adjacent to a larger barn with animals, but fire personnel prevented the blaze from spreading.
“Our guys did a good job of keeping it contained,” Mulas said. “The large barn was only about five-feet away.”
Fire personnel contained the blaze quickly and were on the scene for about two hours.
Mulas said that when he heard about the larger barn being so close, he called for additional personnel.
Schell-Vista had three engines, two water tenders and 22 firefighters on scene while Sonoma Valley supplied one engine, a water tender and five personnel as part of mutual aid.