Rob Wilson for city alcalde
I am writing in support of Rob Wilson for City of Sonoma Alcalde. It is my understanding that the position is meant to honor a resident who has made “unselfish contributions to the welfare” of our city. Rob epitomizes the model of a selfless citizen while demonstrating a long and consistent resume of civic involvement, responsibility and contribution. In summary, Rob’s list of public service actions include:
• Service on the Prestwood Elementary PTA from 2000 to 2004.
• Membership on the Boys & Girls Clubs of Sonoma Valley Teen Programs committee.
• Advocacy for keeping teens active.
• Served as a honorary board member of the Tuesday farmers market.
• Recipient of the 2012 Angel Award from the Boys & Girls Club.
• Working closely with the city, public works, the parks commissioner and law enforcement to build a “pump track” bike park at Maxwell Village.
• Sponsoring our local skate park (without Rob’s sponsorship, the park was slated to be closed down permanently. He oversees the park’s cleanliness, safety, resolves minor issues and removes graffiti.
• Donating merchandise for many Valley schools’ silent auctions and for grad nights.
• Donates thousands of dollars worth of new athletic clothing to FISH and to the Boys & Girls Club Fashion Shows.
It’s not hard to supply a list of activities, but to translate those activities into real, sustainable benefits is something else. Rob not only contributes to the local tax base and economy, but he employs half a dozen local workers in his shop, which serves as a go-to, after school venue for Sonoma’s youth. In so doing, he provides a safe and stimulating environment, a community unto itself. With his outreach and hard work, he is a role model for a younger generation of Sonoma citizenry.