Medication drop off set at Vintage House
Sonoma Valley residents will be able to drop off their unwanted medication from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 19, at Vintage House senior center, 264 First St. E.
There is no charge to participants returning medicine or to the locations accepting medications. Funding for the program has been provided by the City of Santa Rosa, the Sonoma County Water Agency and the Russian River Watershed Association.
Items accepted at the drop off locations include:
• Prescription and over-the-counter -pills and capsules;
• Liquid medications, including ointments, lotions and creams (in sealed containers);
• Veterinary medications
• Vitamins, supplements, homeopathic remedies
• Medical patches
• Inhalers (empty)
• Medical samples
Items not Accepted include:
• Controlled substances
• IV bags
• Bloody or infectious waste
• Personal care products (body lotion, shampoo etc.)
• Aerosol cans
• Epi-pens and other needles/sharps
• Illegal drugs
• Medical marijuana
• Any other waste or medication not listed under “Items Accepted”
For more information, visit www.safemedicinedisposal.org.