International performers come to Sebastiani’s screen
THE DUTCH NATIONAL BALLET will dance into the Sebastiani Theatre via Specticast film.
In support of the historic theatre, the Sebastiani Theatre Foundation offers “Showcasing the Arts,” an enlightening film series beginning Monday, Dec. 3, and continuing through May 13, featuring Specticast films.
Specticast is a private broadcasting company focusing on the performing arts. It brings coverage of some of the world’s greatest artistic endeavors to the silver screens at theaters such as the Sebastiani.
The “Showcasing the Arts” series schedule includes:
• The Dutch National Ballet performing “Don Quixote” on Monday, Dec. 3, at 7 p.m.
• The San Francisco Opera’s “Madame Butterfly” on Sunday, Jan. 6, at 1 p.m.
• The San Francisco Opera’s “La Rodine” on Sunday, Feb. 10, at 1 p.m.
• “Superstars of Berlin” with performances by Anna Netrebko, Jonas Kaufmann and Erwin Schrott on Sunday, March 24, at 1 p.m.
• The Mariinsky Ballet Company offers “Jewels, George Balanchine” on Sunday, April 7, at 1 p.m.
• The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia presents “Handel and Vivaldi” on Monday, May 13, at 7 p.m.
Admission is $10 for adults and $8 for seniors (62 and up) and children (12 and under). Wine by the glass will be offered for sale at the two evening screenings.
Call 996-9756 for more information or to purchase advance tickets.
The Sebastiani Theatre is located in Sonoma on the Plaza at 476 First St. E.