County Fair seeks teen bands for competition
The Sonoma County Fair is looking for the top teen musical talent to compete in this year’s fair. The Battle of the Teen Bands takes place Saturday, Aug. 11, at 7 p.m. at the fair’s Community Theater, with a top prize of $1,000 and the opportunity to be in the lineup for the 2013 fair.
The deadline to enter is Saturday, July 21.
• All performers must be between 12 and 24 years of age. At least two members must be between the ages of 12 and 18 years of age and no more than two members may be between the ages of 18 and 24 (as of July 25).
• Each act entered must perform only with the personnel listed on the entry form.
• Contestants must arrive no later than 6 p.m. on the day of the contest.
• Each act must perform live, vocally and/or instrumentally. No props or special effects may be used. A professional quality cdrum kit will be provided.
• Each act will be given 20 minutes total for set-up, performance and tear-down.
• All performances must be done in good taste and may not be offensive.
• Contestants may perform their own music and receive extra bonus points from the judges.
Judges will award the winner based on vocals, instrumentals and overall performance.
To enter, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Battle of the Teen Bands” in the subject. In the body of the email, include a name, mailing address, phone number, email address and the name, age and instrument of each member. Bands must also attach a photo and a link to a demo that includes only the band members (no special guests). It does not need to be a professional recording, it just needs to give a taste of the band’s style.
The Sonoma Valley Fair runs June 25 to Aug. 12 at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds. Get all the details at sonomacountyfair.com.