Put a twist on the traditional watermelon wedge, with this outrageous salsa. It’s an incredible accompaniment to grilled fish.
- 3 pounds seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded, deveined, and minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- salt, to taste
Mix all together.
Makes about 3 cups
For more salad & soup recipes, click here
To see ALL recipes, go to recipes (right column) on the Food & Wine page at sonomanews.com
To learn more about Therese Nugent or find more of her recipes go to www.sonomadish.com/