• PRESENTATION SCHOOL'S 11th annual Golf Tournament will be held this Monday, May 9, at the Sonoma Golf Club and will benefit the students of the Presentation School. Cost for this year's event is $195 a player, or $780 for a foursome which includes golf with cart, tee-prize, photograph of your foursome, box lunch and dinner catered by the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn, immediately following the tourney. For those who just want to attend the dinner and awards ceremony, tickets can be purchased for $65. The tournament gets under way with a registration opening at 11 a.m., followed by a 12:30 p.m. shotgun start, with the reception beginning at 5, and the dinner and live auction starting at 6:15 p.m. For more information, or to inquire about potential sponsorship of the event, contact Nancy Bei at 935-0122, ext. 202, or visit presentationschool.com.
• SONOMA VALLEY YOUTH Soccer Association continues registration online, with a final walk-in sign-up sessions slated from 10 a.m. to noon this Saturday, May 7, at La Luz's Booker Hall. Boys and girls who didn't play during the 2009 and 2010 seasons need to provide a birth certificate to register. Registration deadline is May 15. To register on-line, for costs and scholarship requirements, for for more details, visit www.sonomasoccer.org, or call 256-0544. Para mas informacion en espanol, visite www.sonomasoccer.org, o llame al 548-9838, o 326-7596. Also, gear exchange - cleats, shin guards, practice jerseys and socks, all in clean condition - will take place during sign-ups at the different registration sites, or at Picazo Café and Deli on Arnold Drive at Grove St.
• SONOMA VALLEY HIGH School will hold free sports physical examinations at 2 p.m. in the locker rooms for boys tomorrow, Wednesday, May 4 and for the girls on Wednesday, May 11.
• THE SONOMA VALLEY Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation will hold its third annual conservation banquet this Saturday night, May 7, at Hanna Boys Center to raise funds for wildlife conservation and youth in the outdoors programs. Doors open at 5 p.m., with dinner at 6:30 featuring an all-you-can-eat tri-tip barbecue, beer and wine. The evening will also include a general raffle, a ladies raffle, games, plus live and silent auctions. Ticket prices are $65 for singles, $95 for couples, $35 for "Jakes" (18-years-old-and-under), $350 for a sponsor package and $900 for a sponsor table. All tickets include an annual membership to the NWTF. To purchase tickets or for more details, contact Greg Smith at 484-1165 or Chris Lynch at 975-3181.
• BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS of Sonoma Valley, together with Professional Climbers International are offering rock climbing for adults, with the "Introduction to Climbing" classes taking place at the club's Maxwell gym, Maxwell Farms Regional Park, 100 Verano Ave., every Thursday from 10 a.m. to noon through June. Pro intruction will be provided by both Professional Climbers International and Santa Rosa's Vertex Climbing Center. Classes cost $20 an adult. A parent/child climbing class is also being offered at the club from 10 a.m. to noon this Saturday, May 7. Cost for parents and children ages 6-to-12 are $30 a pair. Participants must pre-register for classes by contacting Margie at 938-8544, ext. 105, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
•SONOMA VALLEY STACK Travel Baseball will hold 2011 registration for players 9-to-14-years-old at Arnold Field clubhouse from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. this Sunday, May 8, and Sunday, May 15. Tryouts are slated for Monday, June 13 (ages 9-to-12), and Monday, June 20 (ages 13 and 14) at Peterson Field (Field of Dreams), with a tryout makeup day set for Monday, June 27. For more details, contact Justin Garrett at 321-5963, or online at email@example.com.