School board to get solar update
An update on the solar construction project will be on the agenda at Tuesday night's Sonoma Valley Unified School District board meeting.
The district has received some complaints from neighbors at a couple of school sites - notably the district office and Adele Harrison Middle School.
There are reports that the south parking lot at Sonoma Valley High School won't be finished in time for Saturday's rush and probably won't be finished in time for the opening of school on Wednesday, Aug. 17.
The board will also be looking at various projects around the district, some of which would be covered by the Measure H bond and other that might not be covered. The projects include:
• Classroom technology updates ($500,000).
• Classroom furniture updates ($250,000).
• Window blind replacements ($300,000).
• Classroom updates at SVHS ($300,000).
• Altimira courtyard renovation under the solar structure ($250,000).
• Resurface playground and replace sewer line at Dunbar ($50,000).
• Replace portable classroom ramps and reconfigure track at El Verano ($40,000).
• Renovate the student drop-off space at Flowery ($300,000).
• Modernize restrooms and parking at Prestwood ($105,000).
• Upgrade exterior lighting at Sassarini ($75,000).
• Replace administration and classroom building at Sonoma Charter School ($250,000).
• Repair administration and performance building and re-configure special education at Woodland Star ($55,000).
• Make potential structural upgrades if needed.
The board will meet at 6:30 p.m. today, Tuesday, Aug. 9, in the Community Meeting Room, 177 First St. W.