Summer is so close, most Valley students can already taste the long days with little responsibility and endless hours without homework stretching out before them. But for eighth-graders and high school seniors across the Valley, there is still one last rite of passage: graduation.
It's a time to celebrate the accomplishment of hitting another milestone on the long journey to adulthood. It's a time for students to reflect on their years at a particular school with their classmates, school staff and families. It's a time to put on a party dress or sport coat covered by the classic long robe and signature square cap.
School graduations will be taking place all over the Valley for the next two weeks, including at elementary schools and preschools that celebrate commencements. Contact your child's school to find out how to obtain tickets.
Here's the schedule for the Valley's middle and high schools in chronological order:
• Adele Harrison Middle School, 5 p.m. Thursday, June 2, at the school, 1150 Broadway, Sonoma.
• Altimira Middle School, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, June 2, at the school, 17805 Arnold Drive, Sonoma.
• Sonoma Valley High School, 6:30 p.m. Friday, June 3, at Arnold Field on First Street West.
• St. Francis Solano Catholic School, 10:30 a.m. Saturday, June 4, in St. Francis Solano Church, 469 Third St. W.
• The Presentation School, 11 a.m. Saturday, June 4, at the school, 20872 Broadway, Sonoma.
• Sonoma Charter School, 6 p.m. Thursday, June 9, at BR Cohn Winery, 15000 Sonoma Highway, Glen Ellen.
• Woodland Star Charter School, 7 p.m. Friday, June 10, in the Sonoma Valley Veterans Memorial Building, 126 First St. W., Sonoma.