Early morning blaze displaces four
A DUPLEX AT 343 E. Thomson Ave. was heavily damaged by an early-morning fire Monday.
Four people were displaced as the result of an early morning fire Monday on East Thomson Avenue.
The fire was reported at 4:07 a.m. in a duplex at 343 E. Thomson Ave.
Division Chief Mark Freeman said when firefighters from Sonoma Valley Fire and Rescue arrived on the scene, they found the top floor fully involved and the roof collapsed.
The people living in the duplex had evacuated and there were no injuries.
Freeman said the fire was caused by a faulty heating device and started in or around a wall furnace.
Five engines and a ladder company responded to the blaze, which was under control by 4:30. Firefighters were on scene until 7:45 a.m.
Freeman said the top floor was a complete loss and the bottom suffered major water damage.
A preliminary damage estimate was $150,000.