A town called Vineburg
Not many people nowadays know of a town called Vineburg, because all thats left is a Post Office and deli. Most of it burned down over the years and was never rebuilt. But Vineburg once boasted:
1. Post Office (now at a new location) Eighth Street (was Old Napa Road).
2. Grange Hall (now a deli, once a dance hall, antique shop, fruit and vegetable stand).
3. Grocery store (burned down as the fire department forgot to bring water) also had gas pump.
4. Railroad station (moved to Fifth Street East to make way for road widening).
5. Hotel (now a home).
6. Bar (now a home).
7. Bakery (burned down).
8. Print shop (closed).
9. Restaurant/bar/dance hall (last known as Vineburg Inn, like Little Switzerland, burned down)
10. A Shell gas station (1930 - abandoned)
11. A school house (Huichica now on private property moved due to road reroute and widening)
12. A hospital (Burndale moved to Castle Road, Buena Vista area 1950s).
13. A weigh station (closed down) now a Christmas tree lot in December.
14. School dance haul (closed due to death).
It's sad to see a town disappear like that ... maybe if they had a few big-box or chain stores they'd still be here.
Carmen Bozzone Michels