First day of school
The summer vanished all too quickly for area students. Monday was the first day of school in the Sonoma Valley Unified School District. At El Verano Elementary School, 5-year-old Ty Clark, a kindergarten student in Barbara Marek’s class, was playing with some plastic shapes while his parents, Stephanie and Jason looked on. Other area schools will be starting classes various days over the next week. Motorists should be aware of students going to and from school and remember to stop for buses.
- Sonoma Valley Fire sends third relief crew to Siskiyou
- Nominees sought for Treasure Artist
- Online survey to gauge businesses
- County seeks commissioners
- Who took the cake, camera at Wine Country wedding?
- Sonoma Community Center seeking photos, stories for Dia de los Muertos celebration
- Book sale kicks off Wednesday at library
- Preservation group marks 45 years